Monday, April 13, 2009

Los Angeles Lawyer Review

RJ Comer reviewed Chipman in this month's edition of Los Angeles Lawyer. Overall, it is a positive review. His one jab at me is that I didn't criticize Chipman for not embracing Civil War peace activists. (I think this says more about Comer than it does about me.)

I especially like this part: "Hogge's contribution to these facts [concerning Chipman's life] is his facility for setting them in context. Often Hogge's book reads more like a history than a biography, but it is Hogge's detailed history lessons that illuminate the human drama and the significance of Chipman's achievements."

1 comment:

Halsey said...

This is random, but I am actually trying to get in touch with you daughter Mindy. We were friends at BYU-Idaho and then somewhere between both our missions we lost touch. My name is Halsey and she can e-mail me at halseyann(at)gmail(dot)com. If you could pass this on, that would be great!