Monday, November 08, 2004

No More General Apostasy

Of late, I have pondered the latter days and the evil that infects the world. I see that all of the ingredients exist for another general apostasy, such as the one that occurred after the death of the apostles in the meridian of time. We have widespread corruption. The world seems to get worse and worse. But we have the assurance that this kingdom--the Lord's Church--will roll forth and become larger and more influential, until it will fill the whole earth, presumably in the Millenium.

This raises the question in my mind concerning how we will be able to sustain righteousness. I am sure it has to do with the maintenance of prophets and apostles and our obedience to their instructions. I suspect it also includes the preservation of valiant saints for these latter days.

To develop a better understanding of these things, I am beginning with The Great Apostasy, by Elder James E. Talmage. From there, . . . I am not sure yet.

No comments: